Seize the opportunity to make a difference
Why work with us?
Our teams are made of passionate, accomplished and creative people. Our culture is collective. We motivate each other. We trust each other.
We have fun. As a team member of priMED you are encouraged to challenge the status quo. If you are tenacious, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced and supportive environment, you will fit right in.
Health Spending Account
Group RRSP Plan
Group Health Insurance
Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Wellness Plan
YEG's Coolest Office
Position Title: Financial Analyst
Position Type: Permanent, full-time
Department: Finance and Administration
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Start Date: Late January 2020
Based in Edmonton, priMED is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of single-use medical products to customers worldwide. The company has its corporate head office in Canada, international operations and three wholly owned manufacturing facilities in China. priMED is an ISO 13485:2016 registered company and recognized as one of Canada’s 100 Best Managed Companies (2018, 2019, 2020).
The Finance and Administration department is responsible for providing accounting and financial support to the various departments for priMED’s global business. This includes recording accounts payables and receivables, payroll, fixed assets, generating financial statements and ensuring the overall success of the business.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial support to priMED’s business with a strong focus on forecasts and analysis of various financial information. As the go to person for forecasting, reporting and analyzing financial performance, the Financial Analyst will play a key role in providing insights into business performance, trends and opportunities to ensure informed decisions can be made in a highly competitive market.
The Financial Analyst reports directly to the Controller and will work closely with all departments within the organization. External relationships may include auditors, bankers, consultants, customers and vendors. The nature of this interaction is dependent on the issue or topic at hand.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and analyzing critical information with a goal to aid in maximizing operational and financial value to priMED. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and financial metrics tracking
- Perform reconciliation and analysis of accounting ledgers and schedules
- Perform reconciliation and analysis of intercompany transactions
- Assist with preparing month end schedules and timely monthly financial statements
- Assist with budget preparation process
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of annual audit
- Develop standard and ad-hoc reports, forecasting tools, and reporting dashboards
- Analyze financial results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements and opportunities
- Prepare financial models for decision support
- Support mapping and optimization of internal controls and procedures
- Administer the Manual PO system and corporate credit card program; ensure that Company purchasing policies are followed
- Conduct technical research, as required
- Support Controller with ad-hoc special projects
Attention is shifted continuously from one job detail to another. Occasional interruptions come from requests for assistance. Multi-tasking abilities and time management skills are required for this position. Superior organizational skills are required for this position as it will have overlapping projects and responsibilities.
Examples of mental effort include and are not limited to: concentration, analytical skills, computer skills, accounting/finance technical skills, writing skills, reading comprehension, personnel skills, etc.
Examples of physical effort include:
- working in a seated position at a desk, more than 6 hours per day
- lifting cases or other objects on occasion up to 20 lbs, as needed (e.g. banker boxes)
Valid travel documents and the ability to travel to various jurisdictions legally are required.
The ability to use computers and equipment effectively and accurately in a timely manner is required.
This position is based in the Edmonton office and may require occasional travel domestically. Typical office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, due to the nature of the business, work outside of typical hours including evenings and weekends may be required.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA/CMA/CA/CGA) is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, Major in Accounting or Finance is required
- 3 to 5 years of finance and accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of ASPE
- Advanced computer proficiency in a Windows-based environment, working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, databases, etc.
- Experience with Sage 300 and Power BI is an asset
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Organized and detail oriented; capable of solving problems independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to identify and apply a wide range of mathematical or statistical concepts
- Ability to thrive is organizations that constantly evolve and adapt
- Collaborative mindset of sharing knowledge within a team environment
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. Interested applicants may submit their cover letter and resume in a single document via the application form on www.priMED.ca/Careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Hide Job Details
(Fields marked * required)