Seize the opportunity to make a difference
Why work with us?
Our teams are made of passionate, accomplished and creative people. Our culture is collective. We motivate each other. We trust each other.
We have fun. As a team member of priMED you are encouraged to challenge the status quo. If you are tenacious, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced and supportive environment, you will fit right in.
Health Spending Account
Group RRSP Plan
Group Health Insurance
Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Wellness Plan
YEG's Coolest Office
Associate Systems Analyst
Position Title: Associate Systems Analyst
Position Type: Junior, full-time, permanent
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Start Date: Immediately
The Associate System Analyst provides internal systems development and support to meet priMED business requirements by ensuring reliability and operability of the databases and integrity of the data and reports being produced.
The Operations department is responsible for priMED’s production, inventory management, and moving inventory domestically and worldwide. This includes all aspects of supply chain and logistics operations including inventory planning, connecting with suppliers and customers to ensure production capacity is maximized, collaborating with various departments to develop a strategic plan, and ensure delivery of products to various customers and partners worldwide.
The following is a list of the high level activities/deliverables:
- Develop and support priMED databases (Microsoft Access / SQL Server)
- Design and implement business systems following requirement gathering
- Troubleshooting and provide resolution of problems with priMED databases
- Makes recommendations for system enhancements and new systems
- Provides support in revenue and cost analysis through data manipulation and reporting
- Develop and support ad hoc sales and financial reports, as required
- Work within a Quality Management System with documentation and compliance as required.
Attention may be shifted through the day, from one duty to another.
Examples of physical effort include:
- Working in a seated position more than 7 hours a day
- Accurate keyboarding and data entry
- Lift file cases approximately 20 lbs on occasion as required
Most tasks require the ability to meet deadlines, where speed, accuracy, and attention to detail are essential.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- In-depth experience with MS Access development and VBA programming
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server and database theory
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Sage 300 (formerly ACCPAC) is an asset
- Proficient in gathering requirements and technical documentation
- Experience with creating web applications is an asset
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Excel is an asset
- Detail oriented, possessing strong analytical skills and the ability to work self-managed or collaboratively as part of a team
- Organized problem solver capable of thinking quickly on their feet and excelling in a performance-driven, results-oriented work environment
- Experience of working within a demanding fast-paced environment to very high standards
- Ability to write materials such as memos, letters or detailed forms Excellence in analytical ability, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Associate Systems Analyst works on a full-time basis in Edmonton, with typical work hours being Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm. Work outside of these hours may be required from time to time and compensation for work outside of these hours will be discussed and agreed upon by both parties on an as needed, per incident basis. Some travel may be required.
This position is available and interested applicants can submit their cover letter and resume in a single document via the application form.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Hide Job Details
(Fields marked * required)