Seize the opportunity to make a difference
Why work with us?
Our teams are made of passionate, accomplished and creative people. Our culture is collective. We motivate each other. We trust each other.
We have fun. As a team member of priMED you are encouraged to challenge the status quo. If you are tenacious, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced and supportive environment, you will fit right in.
Health Spending Account
Group RRSP Plan
Group Health Insurance
Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Wellness Plan
YEG's Coolest Office
Position Title: Operations Analyst
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Start Date: Immediately
The Operations Analyst (OA) is responsible for developing decision support tools that will assist the Operations department in making important strategic business decisions. This includes planning and monitoring of an inventory management system along with analyzing unique costing opportunities. In addition, this position is responsible for managing the rebate program and administering ad hoc sales reports when necessary.
The OA is a key member of priMED’s success and requires exceptional communication skills, team involvement, interpersonal skills and professionalism in order to perform day to day job tasks.
The Operations department is responsible for priMED’s production, inventory management, and moving inventory domestically and worldwide. This includes all aspects of supply chain and logistics operations including inventory planning, connecting with suppliers and customers to ensure production capacity is maximized, collaborating with various departments to develop a strategic plan, and ensure delivery of products to various customers and partners worldwide.
The following is a list of the high level activities/deliverables:
- Assisting the Systems Development team in the distribution of defined periodic sales reports
- Maintain, manage and process rebates and reporting for GPOs, Distributors, Customers and Third Party Logistics Providers
- Conducting and generating revenue and cost analyses for existing business and new business opportunities
- Updating, maintenance and communicating new Customer commitments to priMED contracts internally and externally to Distributors
- Ongoing maintenance of priMED Master Agreement list including advanced notifications to Senior Management of expiring Agreements
- Work within a Quality Management System with documentation and compliance as required.
- Assist and support Senior Operations Planner in preparing annual budgets and mid-year budget re-forecasting
- Other tasks as directed by the Senior Operations Planner and Director of Operations
Attention is shifted from one job task to another frequently during the day. Therefore, time and priority management abilities in addition to excellent communication skills are essential for this position. Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are also necessary.
Examples of mental effort include:
- Processing, reviewing and revising database information
- Interruptions come from requests for assistance or new tasks as directed
- Multi-tasking abilities and time management skills are required for this position
- Concentration, computer skills, assembly skills, reading comprehension, personnel skills, etc.
- Communicating with Customers, priMED Staff, and Senior Management will be required
- Post-Secondary Education – Undergraduate Degree or College Diploma
- Strong track record for attention to detail and enthusiasm towards learning
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Products including Access
- 2-3 years of demonstrated and measurable success in analytical positions with a decision support function
- Knowledge of ERP systems, experience with Sage in particular is an asset
- Experience in the Healthcare industry would be an asset
- Ability to read, understand and interpret reports and other data
- Ability to use various analytical tools to meet job requirements
- Organized problem solver capable of thinking quickly on their feet and excelling in a dynamic, performance-driven, results-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical ability, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work irregular hours as per business requirements
Hours of Work
The Operations Analyst is a full-time, permanent role. Typical office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. However, actual hours may vary depending on business volumes and work outside these hours may be required and will be discussed and agreed upon with the Senior Operations Planner in advanced. Some travel may be required.
This position is available and interested applicants can submit their cover letter and resume in a single document via the application form.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Hide Job Details
(Fields marked * required)