Seize the opportunity to make a difference
Why work with us?
Our teams are made of passionate, accomplished and creative people. Our culture is collective. We motivate each other. We trust each other.
We have fun. As a team member of priMED you are encouraged to challenge the status quo. If you are tenacious, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced and supportive environment, you will fit right in.
Health Spending Account
Group RRSP Plan
Group Health Insurance
Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Wellness Plan
YEG's Coolest Office
Customer Service Representative
Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Position Type: Junior, full-time, permanent
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Start Date: Available Immediately
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for customer support and order processing services by phone and email with a focus on accuracy, efficiency and customer satisfaction. The CSR, working closely with priMED’s various departments like Sales and Marketing, will coordinate shipments to customers across Canada to ensure customer satisfaction.
With an enthusiasm for ensuring quality customer service and owning the customer experience, the CSR must maintain accurate customer records, build strong relationships, and complete any related documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
The CSR is a key member of priMED’s success and requires exceptional communication skills, team involvement, interpersonal skills and professionalism in order to perform day to day job tasks.
The Operations department is responsible for priMED’s production, inventory management, and moving inventory domestically and worldwide. This includes all aspects of supply chain and logistics operations including inventory planning, connecting with suppliers and customers to ensure production capacity is maximized, collaborating with various departments to develop a strategic plan, and ensure delivery of products to various customers and partners worldwide.
The following is a list of the high level activities/deliverables:
- Receive product orders by phone, email, EDI and/or fax
- Process and track Customer orders
- Complete shipping documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- Utilize the Accounting system and various distribution interfaces
- Monitor shipments and provide Customers with order confirmations
- Verify accuracy of various documents within the supply-chain
- Invoice Customers for items shipped
- Ensure Customer concerns or complaints are handled in a professional and courteous manner
- Assist in annual inventory counts in various priMED warehouse locations
- Constantly review work to ensure best practices and superior service level is being provided
- Work within a comprehensive Quality Management System
- Special projects and other tasks and duties as assigned
Attention is shifted from one job task to another frequently during the day. Therefore, time and priority management abilities in addition to excellent communication skills are essential for this position. Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are also necessary.
Examples of mental effort include:
- Process and review Purchase Orders and other Logistics / Supply Chain documents
- Interruptions come from requests for assistance or new tasks as directed
- Multi-tasking abilities and time management skills are required for this position
- Concentration, computer skills, assembly skills, reading comprehension, personnel skills, etc.
- Communicating with Customers and the priMED team will be required.
Examples of physical effort include:
- Working in a seated position at a desk, more than 6 hours per day
- Lifting sample cases approximately 40 lbs on occasion to manage sample product
- University or College Applied diploma/degree is an asset
- Previous related Customer Service experience, preferably in shipping and logistics
- Intermediate proficiency in a Windows based environment using Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with Access would be considered an asset
- Ability to perform data search and entry; create and modify documents and complex spreadsheets
- Ability to read, understand and interpret such things as reports, shipping documents, and procedures and manuals
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as Sage 300 (formerly Accpac) would be considered an asset
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and accuracy are key requirements
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Hours of Work
The Customer Service Representative works on a full-time basis. Typical office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, excluding Statutory Holidays, with one hour for lunch. Work outside these hours may be required during busy periods and would be assigned/approved by the Supervisor. Some travel may be required.
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. Interested applicants can submit their cover letter and resume in a single document via the application form on www.priMED.ca/Careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Hide Job Details
(Fields marked * required)