Seize the opportunity to make a difference
Why work with us?
Our teams are made of passionate, accomplished and creative people. Our culture is collective. We motivate each other. We trust each other.
We have fun. As a team member of priMED you are encouraged to challenge the status quo. If you are tenacious, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced and supportive environment, you will fit right in.
Health Spending Account
Group RRSP Plan
Group Health Insurance
Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Wellness Plan
YEG's Coolest Office
Vice President, Operational Excellence
You’re a fearless trailblazer and experienced leader. You’re driven by success with the humility to strive for constant improvement. You know how to build and motivate a team to achieve great things and you want to be part of the transformation of a company that’s going places. You sound like our next Vice President of Operational Excellence. Interested? Keep scrolling!
The Operational Excellence Division encompasses various departments including Operations (Supply Chain, Customer Service, Operations Planning), Information Technology, Strategic Sourcing, and provide guidance to international Operations. By establishing positive cross functional teams the division will drive strategic planning, lead continuous improvement initiatives using LEAN, Six Sigma, or Agile leadership tools, define project requirements, support business development and ensure prudent fiscal operations. The division’s ability to plan, coordinate and act on operational activities will ensure continued operational excellence, success of the business, and provide world class customer service.
The Vice President, Operational Excellence (“VP, OE”) is part of the Senior Executive team and reports to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”). By participating in financial and business planning with the various departments, the VP, OE is driven by metrics and will advise the CEO about financial and project decisions. The VP, OE acts as priMED’s leader of Business Process Improvement and Operational Excellence deployment. They will collaborate with the department leaders and ensure projects and strategic plans are acted on while driving efficiency and cost reduction.
As a senior leader with strong collaboration, communication, and strategic decision-making skills, the VP, OE is mandated to provide outstanding leadership and guidance in the achievement of strategic and operational objectives. As a data driven change agent, the role provides collaborative oversight and guidance to establish that priMED is maintaining and maximizing service levels, facilitating the development and implementation of technology, and working towards implementing actively managed practices and industry standards that enhance controls and complies with regulatory requirements. With data in hand, the VP, OE will anticipate emerging needs and proactively bring solutions to the table.
The VP, OE reports to the Chief Executive Officer and requires close working relationships with all divisional senior managers at priMED. With close coordination with senior managers across multiple departments, the VP, OE will make certain that they operate smoothly and continue to be on track to meeting the company’s operational excellence goals. Formulating policies and strategic plans for future growth while managing daily operations will require the VP, OE to be a good problem solver and excellent facilitator. Being able to multitask, direct others, negotiate, and communicate clearly will be key to working within the priMED team. With superior interpersonal skills the executive will effectively and professionally communicate and delegate to achieve priMED’s goals and be a role model for priMED’s culture. As a change management leader with LEAN, Six Sigma, or Agile Leadership methodologies as a framework, the VP, OE will oversee business transformation and productivity initiatives in a manner that systematically improves business processes and operational execution which delivers superior results to the customer.
External contacts include building relationships with clients, suppliers, end-users, and representatives from government. The nature of this communication is to support priMED’s goals and business activities in a collaborative nature. By having strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, the VP, OE will connect with external contacts to establish that services they provide add to priMED’s world class customer service.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
The Vice President, Operational Excellence is a member of the executive leadership team and is defined as a fiduciary of the company. As an executive leader, the VP, OE will be expected to contribute significantly to the corporate strategy and executive decision making process.
- As a highly engaged and energetic leader, the VP, OE will demonstrate leadership in accountability and mentorship within priMED. By setting goals and managing progress, the VP, OE will be a team builder that demonstrates priMED’s core values.
Operational Excellence and Change Facilitator
As a performance driven leader and mentor, the VP, OE is responsible for guiding three department leaders, Information Technology, Operations, and Strategic Sourcing. The role will also provide strategic guidance to international Operations.
- Work with the leaders to strategically plan for growth, new initiatives, new business opportunities, and enhance business practices.
- The role will define a vision for delivering world class customer service while determining and communicating team goals and metrics.
- Recruitment, training, management and retention of employees will be a key responsibility.
The role is tasked with creating measures for improving business processes, monitoring and analyzing inventory, seeking cost-efficiencies, finding more efficient ways to deliver on goods and/or services, overseeing departmental projects, and reviewing the performance of the department managers. This includes utilizing industry best practices, LEAN or Six Sigma foundations, and a comprehensive change management strategy.
- Track, analyze and report on metrics and key performance indicators and benchmarks.
- Proactively determine specific initiatives and strategies that help promote the optimal performance of the departments and customer service levels.
- Review current best practices and standards of excellence and establish, implement and audit enhanced best practices as necessary.
- Assure compliance with financial and operating procedures and polices currently in place.
- Develop operating and capital budget in collaboration with the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
Quality Management System and Continuous Improvement
As a member of the Executive Leadership team, the role will be a key contributor to ongoing efforts for improvement initiatives and building a culture throughout priMED promoting continuous improvement. priMED is committed to the Quality Management System (QMS) and the VP, OE must show leadership to the QMS through adherence and commitment to all aspects including processes, work instructions, forms, and internal or external audits.
- Defining metrics and benchmarks will allow the VP, OE to collect data and optimize the team’s ability to deliver on world class customer service.
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Manager of Quality & Regulatory Affairs to ensure that QMS related aspects related to Divisional activities are met and meet current international standards (e.g. ISO 13485:2016).
The VP, OE will collaborate and review the operating budget for each department with the respective leader and is ultimately responsible for the divisional summary. The role will require collaboration between the various department leaders within the division to ensure that the division maximizes operational efficiencies and optimize expenses.
- Work with the Department Managers and Controller to review monthly department statements to enhance knowledge, drive accountability, create efficiencies, and develop plans to meet budget goals.
Continuous Integration with Sales, Marketing, and Other Departments
The Operational Excellence Division delivers on the channel and partner strategies and programs the Sales and Marketing Department develop to ultimately provide world class customer service. Close working relationship and exchange of information between all departments is critical to ensure continued delivery of priMED’s products and services.
The Division also has close internal workings with Finance and Admin. The collaboration between Operations including Customer Service with the Finance team is crucial to on-boarding of customers and a superior customer experience.
As the leader of the division, the VP, OE will foster a close working relationship with their own department leaders with other leaders in the organization, like Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Quality & Regulatory Affairs to strategically plan for growth, new initiatives, and new business opportunities. As a manager who demonstrates humility and self-awareness, the VP OE will demonstrate true buy in to the priMED core value, mission and vision.
As an advisor to the international Operations team in priMED’s worldwide offices, the VP, OE will develop a close working relationship with the team and ensure the global team is committed to operational excellence and world class customer service excellence.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of priMED and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or related discipline; an MBA or other advance degree would be considered an asset
- SCMP or CSCP designation would be considered an asset
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role
- Certified LEAN Champion, Six Sigma leadership, Agile Leadership or relevant experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated continuous improvement experience
Competencies and Attributes
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational behavior, workforce planning, and metrics and analysis
- Strong management skills with a proven track record of building high performance teams
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing operational excellence initiatives and change management strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Demonstrated strategic planning and analysis skills
- Ability to work collaborative with colleagues and team members to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong computer skills with experience managing Microsoft Office, ERP systems, and other BI applications or solutions
- Advanced knowledge of business process workflows and business acumen
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Willingness to work irregular hours as per business requirements
- Ability to travel legally to various jurisdictions worldwide.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and a keen attention to detail
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. Optimum Talent is administering the selection process. Interested applicants may send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com . Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:
ALGL-428235 Vice President, Operational Excellence – priMED Medical Products Inc. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY)
priMED and Optimum Talent thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria will be contacted further. Although Optimum Talent may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed and you may be considered for future opportunities that may be appropriate.
Note: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Hide Job Details
(Fields marked * required)