Seize the opportunity to make a difference
Why work with us?
Our teams are made of passionate, accomplished and creative people. Our culture is collective. We motivate each other. We trust each other.
We have fun. As a team member of priMED you are encouraged to challenge the status quo. If you are tenacious, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced and supportive environment, you will fit right in.
Health Spending Account
Group RRSP Plan
Group Health Insurance
Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Wellness Plan
YEG's Coolest Office
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
The Marketing Department is responsible for setting product requirements and defining and implementing market strategy including: offering, pricing, positioning, and promotion to drive the overall success of priMED's global business.
The Marketing Specialist (MS) works within the Marketing Department and is responsible for the research, planning, coordination and implementation of various marketing campaigns, projects and processes spanning print, web, events, public relations, government relations, email and social media. This includes ad-hoc requests from the various departments to support customer requirements or requests.
The MS reports directly to the Senior Brand Manager and requires working relationships with all key departments in the organization. The MS will work very closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Product Development teams on different opportunities and projects. External contacts may include clients, suppliers, end users, and representatives from government and professional agencies.
The following is a list of the high-level activities/deliverables:
- Content and Communications Management
- Strategize and coordinate the development of marketing collateral such as brochures, information sheets, trade show banners/displays
- Strategize and coordinate the development of content and provide ongoing updates to corporate website
- Strategize and coordinate content development and creation of a quarterly internal newsletter and distribute to staff
- Strategize and coordinate the development of standardized PowerPoint presentations and proposals for Management and Sales to use
- Strategize and coordinate all social media activity and track communications related to our brand and industry
- RFP and bid writing
- Web and Digital Management
- Strategize and coordinate the ongoing maintenance and evolution of various e-commerce portals/platforms
- Work with various pricing models to continually optimize online direct to consumer sales performance
- Coordinate the implementation of ongoing recommendations provided by our SEO/SEM partners
- Public Relations and Promotional Event Management
- Strategize and coordinate the development of trade shows, company-sponsored external events & promotions
- Manage inventory of all sales, marketing and promotional materials
- Bachelor degree or college diploma in business, marketing, or related field
- Minimum two years’ experience in a professional marketing department or agency
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing, sales and business processes and channels
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects - strong project management, time management and organizational skills are critical for this role
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (portfolio of original written work required for interview)
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Detail oriented, possessing strong analytical skills and the ability to work self-managed or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Organized problem solver capable of thinking quickly on their feet and excelling in a performance-driven, results-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated excellence in creative ability, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability of working within a demanding, fast-paced environment to very high standards
The Marketing Specialist position is a permanent full-time position based in Edmonton, Alberta with typical working hours being Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Work outside these hours may be required from time to time due to the nature of business. Some travel may be required.
priMED offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their cover letter and resume in a single document via the application form.
priMED is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Hide Job Details
(Fields marked * required)